Native Title Trustees
We understand the need for trustees to work closely with Aboriginal people and have worked hard to build a team capable of providing a respectful relationship with each group.
Once appointed as trustee for a native title group we meet with the group representatives on their country where we work closely to identify the needs of each group and the best way to ensure programs deliver the best outcomes.
This usually involves preparing policies and procedures for funding programs which satisfy the planning objectives of the group, while at the same time meeting the objectives of the Trust Deed.
Our support for each trust includes:
- Strategic planning and preparation of policies and procedures;
- Regular meetings with group representatives;
- Day to day processing of applications for assistance;
- Sound administrative support including accounting, bookkeeping and where necessary legal advice;
- Auditing of mining agreements to ensure compliance;
- Investment advice.
Abbott Native Title Trustees (ANTT) offers trustee services to the Aboriginal community across Australia. The primary role of ANTT is as trustee for a number of Native Title trusts established as a result of native title agreements primarily between Aboriginal claim groups and mining companies or State Government agencies.